What ADA and Accessibility accommodations are available at Besame Mucho?
Besame Mucho is a fully accessible event, and we are dedicated to continually improving our efforts to ensure you have access to all the event amenities. We welcome and encourage all feedback and suggestions from our patrons. The following explains the services provided this year. For any accessibility-related questions please email us at email@example.com We will do our best to assist you and address your accessibility needs.
Accessible ways to get to the festival
Accessible Festival Entrances
There will be an ADA entry lane/entrance, located at both East and West entrances. Disabled guests may use this lane/entrance to safely enter the venue. After using ADA entry, please visit the ADA kiosk immediately after so that you can keep using ADA entry for the following show days.
Where is the ADA Accessibility Center onsite?
Please Note: You must stop here to get your ADA wristband credential.
There will be an ADA kiosk conveniently located inside the venue.At this location, you can:
- Get your ADA wristband credential
- Get your ADA questions answered
- Learn about our accessibility services
- ADA wristbands are good for the whole weekend
- DO NOT remove your wristband for the entire duration the event
- One companion wristband will be issued for each disabled patron (exceptions will be made for families with young children)
- If a disabled guest wants to switch their companion, please bring the old companion wristband to the ADA kiosk to be reissued
How do I gain access to the accessible viewing areas?
There will be an accessible viewing area[s] made available to ADA patrons at designated stages. To gain access to this/these area[s], please visit us at the ADA kiosk.
Accessible Viewing Area Policies:
- Companions may be asked to stand in the back if capacity is reached
- Patrons and companions may not smoke in these areas
- Patrons are asked to not save spots
Wheelchair Accessibility/Where can I charge my power wheelchair?
The venue is fully navigable for people with mobility disabilities. The event is held at a mixed surface venue with both paved and grass areas. We encourage all guests with mobility disabilities to utilize personal forms of transportation, including wheelchairs and scooters. If you need to recharge your motorized wheelchair, you may do so at the ADA kiosk. Patrons should bring all cords and accessories needed to charge their devices. Chargers must use a 110-volt, 20amp circuit.
We will not be providing wheelchair or scooter rentals.
Is ASL provided for musical performances? What other accessibility services do you offer?
If you would like to request any of the following services:
- ASL interpretation for any performance
- Closed Captioning
- Braille/Large Font Print
- Guided Tours
- Other forms of Effective Communication
Requests for these services must be emailed to us at least 30 days prior to the event to allow for sufficient preparation. To submit a request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ATMs & Concessions: All ATMs and concessions are fully accessible and located throughout the venue. If assistance is required, please confer with an event staff member.
- First Aid: We have several First Aid locations throughout the venue, noted on the event maps and mobile app. Professional medical staff can help you with your medical needs at these locations.
- Special Dietary Needs: The event will have food vendors that provide gluten-free dietary options. For those with special dietary needs beyond what will be offered at the event, please contact us at email@example.com for further assistance.
I have special dietary needs and/or have prescription medicine that I need. Can I bring this?
The event will have food vendors that provide gluten-free dietary options. For those with special dietary needs beyond what will be offered at the event, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
Can I bring a service animal?
Service animals are permitted throughout the venue. However, this does not include emotional support animals, therapy animals, or companion animals. Pets are not allowed and will be turned away. Only legitimate service animals that are properly trained and under the proper care of their owners will be provided with the appropriate credentials and allowed within the event footprint.
The following guidelines must be followed:
- All service animals must remain by the handler’s side at all times and must be harnessed, leashed, or tethered. If these devices interfere with the service animal’s work or if the handler’s disability prevents the use of these devices, the handler must maintain control of the animal through voice, signal, or other effective controls
- Service animals must be housebroken and should use the service animal relief area
Anyone bringing an animal will be responsible for and liable for any damage or injury caused by the animal
How can I ask an accessibility or ADA question?
Besame Mucho will consider any request by a guest with disability for reasonable modification of its policies, practices or procedures or for auxiliary aids and services that will permit the guest equal enjoyment of the goods and services offered at the event. We encourage you to make any such request as far in advance as possible to enhance our ability to evaluate and fulfill the request.
In continually trying to make our event more accessible, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com for any of your accessibility-related needs. Additionally, if you have any questions about ADA policies or our services, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
We hope you find this guide informative, we look forward to seeing you at Besame Mucho!
ADA Parking and Entry
ADA parking lots are located in Lot K and Lot 2. Please have your ADA placard visible in order to park in the parking lot. Please follow ADA signage to Lot K and Lot 2. ADA parking is first come first served.
There will be an ADA entry lane/entrance, located at the main entrance. Disabled guests may use this lane/entrance to safely enter the venue.After using ADA entry, please visit the ADA kiosk immediately after so that you can keep using ADA entry for the following show days.